When changing the oil in his Volvo 244, Veikko Valli wondered why dust seems to accumulate on certain parts of the radiator’s surface.
He had a long career in developing solutions for the steel industry and remembered the phenomenon while looking for a solution to the dust problem of an industrial customer.
Dust accumulation follows the laws of flow dynamics.
This scientific finding is the foundation of Filtrabit technology and business.
- Established in 2011 to develop and commercialize an innovative dust separation system.
- Developed dust separation through flow modelling together with the University of Oulu. Professor Pekka Mäntylä, who participated in the study, became a shareholder in the company.
- Manufactured the first flow dynamics prototypes in the early 2010s.
- In 2017, the EU’s Horizon 2020 research framework programme awarded Filtra Group Oy a grant of EUR 1.6 million with the highest evaluation score in the history of the programme.
Dust Removal as a Service
Because of the modular design of the solution, we are able to offer an alternative of Dust-Removal-as-a-Service to customers, entirely without the burden of investment and ownership.
For many applications, the energy savings from waste heat capture alone are enough to offset the cost of the service.
- Clean the breathing air from fine particles, inside and outside industrial plants.
- Improve material and energy efficiency by extracting material side streams and waste heat energy from exhaust air.
Filtrabit technology is an improvement over conventional solutions on all dimensions and will be known as the new industry standard.
Board of directors
Karri Kaitue (chair)
Filtra Group Oy
53 Eastlake House Frampton Street
LONDON NW8 LU
Please reach out through the contact form below and our team will be in touch promptly to book a meeting or answer any questions.